Goals & objectives
I. TO STRENGTHEN, GROW & ENRICH THE WORSHIP LIFE OF OUR PARISH
- Increase our knowledge and appreciation of the Liturgy as an essential tool for evangelization.
- Enhance formation opportunities for liturgical ministers.
- Continue to develop a varied music ministry that reaches all generations.
- Broaden our exposure to various forms of prayer and how they can enrich our spiritual lives.
- Focus on cultivating a climate of hospitality on the Lord’s Day to permeate every facet of parish life.
II. TO CREATE ENGAGING FAITH FORMATION OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARISHIONERS OF ALL AGES
- Strengthen and support all who teach the Catholic faith.
- Conduct needs assessments for all ages within the parish.
- Establish inter-generational faith sharing activities in our parish.
- Expand Bible studies and faith sharing groups as aids to evangelization opportunities.
- Offer spiritual renewal opportunities that deepen people's experience of God in their lives.
- Promote participation in faith formation events from the diocese and neighboring parishes.
III. TO REACH OUT AS A MORE VISIBLE & WELCOMING PRESENCE IN THE COMMUNITY
- Provide opportunities for parishioners to know one another more deeply.
- Expand our parish family in all generations.
- Host community-wide events while focusing on increased participation.
- Attract a more diverse community and engage our interfaith brothers and sisters.
- Provide opportunities to learn about other religions, to respect the diversity of faith traditions, and accurately represent our Catholic beliefs.
IV. TO NURTURE A POSITIVE CULTURE OF SERVANT LEADERSHIP
- Assess our current leadership structure and revise as necessary.
- Conduct a gifts and talent inventory, matching skill sets to parish and ministry needs.
- Recruit and nurture leaders for various parish ministries.
- Promote vocations within our parish to the priesthood, religious life and lay ministry.
- Convene regular leadership training and development sessions for council, commission, committee members, and staff which includes a component of evangelization.
- Increase participation in programs and leadership training offered beyond the parish.
- Investigate the feasibility of hiring a volunteer coordinator.
V. TO SERVE CHRIST BY SERVING OTHERS & PROMOTING PEACE & JUSTICE
- Reach out in service to those in our community who are facing hardships or moments of crisis.
- Recruit parishioners for service opportunities that draw upon their interests, gifts, and talents.
- Seek opportunities to educate ourselves about contemporary social issues (e.g. respect life, human trafficking, substance abuse, homelessness and hunger, mental health, etc.).
- Increase participation in community service projects where our parish can be most effective.
- Identify people and organizations within our parish to work for peace and justice.
VI. TO ENSURE OUR FACILITIES SUPPORT OUR PARISH MISSION
- Evaluate our current space utilization in light of our parish mission & the needs of our parishioners.
- Create a long range facility master plan.
- Assess the short term space needs of the high school youth ministry and implement a plan to meet them.
- Update or renovate current parish facilities as appropriate (e.g. food pantry, intermediate gathering space, etc.).
- Explore the feasibility of building a new Parish Life Center.
- Assess the potential of conducting a Capital Campaign (e.g. financial, legal, planning, design, architectural, etc.).
VII. TO STRENGTHEN & SUPPORT YOUTH & YOUNG ADULTS ON THEIR FAITH JOURNEYS
- Empower young people to be active in their faith at school through parish partnerships. (e.g. peer ministry)
- Continue offering service opportunities as a means of evangelization .
- Develop a meaningful transition experience from youth to young adult ministry.
- Foster opportunities for our young adults to continue growing in faith together.
- Establish a mentoring program to supplement traditional youth ministry opportunities.
VIII. TO BE GOOD STEWARDS OF OUR HUMAN & FINANCIAL RESOURCES
- Renew & communicate our commitment to being a stewardship parish.
- Provide formation opportunities for parishioners on the spirituality of stewardship.
- Deepen the experience of stewardship as a way of life.
- Support the growth of parish staff & volunteers through professional development & training opportunities.
- Enhance accountability & transparency with parish finances.
- Continue implementing the Master's Mission (parish tithing fund); report on its recipients & the funding distributed.