The Catholic Church requires that couples seeking to enter into the Sacrament of Marriage receive preparation at least six months before their wedding.
This preparation process is not meant to be a series of hoops but an opportunity as a couple to learn about what marriage is in the eyes of the Catholic Church, reinforce essential relationship skills, discuss key topics prior to marriage, and most importantly, help the couple discern if marriage is the direction they are feeling called to by God.
STEPS to MARRIAGE at ST. PIUS X
- Contact parish office to inquire about starting your Marriage prep.
- Initial Meeting with Fr. Chris (Your wedding date can be set at this meeting).
- Initial Meeting with Andy Rebollar, Pastoral Associate for Parish Life.
- Couple will take the Prepare/Enrich Premarital Assessment.
- Follow up Meetings to Review Couple's Results (3-5 meetings).
- Attend a Pre-Cana Offering or be set up with a mentor couple.
- Attend a Wedding Liturgy Workshop (occurs in late January or early February).
- Final Meeting with Fr. Chris to plan your wedding ceremony.
- Meet with Meghan Schaut, our Music Coordinator, to plan your music.